[TLUG] (remote) install fest

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 20:56:42 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:37:00PM -0500, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
> Our co-ordinator swung the Netfinity donation and now we have a pretty
> awesome machine at our disposal ready to be Debianized.  We plan to
> use it as a workspace for the various projects we have in mind so
> we'll start with a SSH shell server and soon add PHP/MySQL. We're
> tossing around ideas around booting thin client support for machines
> in the computer lab as well.

I am interested in thin client aspect.  I'm Slackware guy, but there
shouldn't be too much of difference with Debian, as long as XFree86 and
Kernel are uptodate.

- How many PCs do you have for Linux X-terminal?  If you don't have
  enough, then multiple cpu-less stations (ie. monitor/keyboard/mouse)
  can be set up.

- When do you plan to meet this week?

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>