central mail

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo lists-jiQtrEI3vUxWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 19:29:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:
>I can't think of any IMAP servers that are closely tied to an MDA.

For example, UW-IMAP support a mailbox format "mbx"
<http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/#4.5>. To allow MTA to deliver
mail into that format, there are MDAs such as dmail and tmail created
specifically to do the delivering. These tools are part of mail-util
package <http://www.cygwin.com/packages/uw-imap-util/>.

>One of the great things about email is that it is so easy to mix & match
>different receipt (MTA), delivery (MDA) and pickup methods (MUA or IMAP
>or POP3).

Well, since both MDA and IMAP server both access the mailbox, the format
of mailbox chosen will dictate what MDA and IMAP server can chosen.

--
                               Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo