central mail

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 19:02:56 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> turn related closely to the choice of IMAP server. In fact I think some
> IMAP servers have MDA specifically made for them.

I can't think of any IMAP servers that are closely tied to an MDA.
Remember, the MDA is part of mail delivery while IMAP relates to mail
pickup.  They are quite distinct (but complementary) tasks.

One of the great things about email is that it is so easy to mix & match
different receipt (MTA), delivery (MDA) and pickup methods (MUA or IMAP or
POP3).

Ok, so I'm mixing protocol & non-protocol acronyms there but I hope it is
clear what I'm saying.

Cheers,
	Rob

--