SOT: shitfs in spam trends and topics

Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 5 14:28:28 UTC 2003

mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org (Mel Wilson) writes:
> Two possibilities I can imagine.
>
> 2. Steganography.

Are you suggesting that we are receiving unintelligible e-mail because some
group [terrorists, fbi, cia, csis] are trying to send messages to each
other.  Do you supposed that they are sending a lot of them and getting the
e-mail addresses wrong or that they are sending a lot of them to confuse the
trail to the intended recipient?

If you were to ask me, I'd say that this is similar to the book _Snow Crash_.
Microsoft is sending out these seemingly unintelligible e-mails and anyone
that looks at them has their brain 're-wired' into liking M$.

  "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out
   to get you."

TTYL,
--
matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                               starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada