Windows refund experience?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 03:13:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> The new Dell laptop just arrived by Purolator.  I've got the Debian
> install CD at the ready, but before I do anything, does anyone have
> (local, or at least Canadian) experience with trying to get a Windows
> refund from a manufacturer?

Check this out...

http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/toshiba.html

Maybe something like this may be possible in Canada.  As you see it took
Geoff quite sometime to get the refund though.  Not sure if you'd want the
hassle :)

I've actually met Geoff Bennett (when he visited my the local user group
in Brisbane, Australia).  Very cool guy :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net