Good news: blender is now free

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 25 18:12:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Sidney Shapiro wrote:

> Thanks for the link Peter, I checked out Blender, and I must say, the
> stuff some people have made with it is fantastic. That said, to get
> going is harder than I though with the layout not being very intuitive
> and having to buy the docs to get started. If these guys keep working on

You don't really need to buy the docs to get started. There are plenty of
tutorials on the web. If you still like it afterwards, buy the docs ;-) I
agree that the learning curve is very steep. I used Blender before (came
with better Linux distros as payware demo since 1999 or before). I am very
impressed by the speed even on substandard hardware and by the *size*.
This is a 3d animation studio with game scripting capability that weighs
in under 3Megs !!! Microsloth has a lot to learn about getting animations
right and code small (and fast!).

Peter