City of Toronto using Linux (on the desktop, yet!)

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 21 13:58:00 UTC 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 08:41 AM, Max Blanco wrote:

> Shouldn't we, as taxpayers, invest in linux, and save ourselves and our
> neighbours $$$ and stress?

I just sent a letter to the Globe and Mail (we'll see what happens)
suggesting that exposing Microsoft products to the Internet, and
thereby inviting vandals to "have at it", is an abuse of the trust we
put in civil servants to manage resources for the good of the taxpayers.
(This in reference to a recent article titled, "Blaster Worm hampering
power repair.")

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714