Distributions' differences

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 19 16:02:08 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 11:22 AM, Keith Mastin wrote:

> Coca-Cola/Pepsi, Labatts/Molsons... which is
> better?

Oh, I've been around computers long enough to know not to ask THAT!
(Apple ][, TRS-80; Atari, Amiga....)

But my assumption/experience is that various distributions target
various audiences.  (I remember the Corel one having Wizard-everything;
conversely I've installed -- some years ago -- by searching for a
kernel that had the basic drivers I needed, creating a boot-floppy on
Windows....)

Actually, I think the "distrowatch" site has what I need where it
describes some history and motivation...rather than popularity.  Thanks
to all for the help.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714