Distributions' differences

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 19 15:22:55 UTC 2003

> Over the years I've used only a few different Linux distributions.  Can
> anyone summarize differences in substance or style among most of what
> exists?  ...perhaps a website that compares or describes the most
> likely audience for the various types...especially in terms of how
> technically adept the user/admin needs to be?

.. pretty difficult to do with any degree of accuracy, as what you're
asking is so subjective. Even putting a poll together probably won't give
you the data you're looking for, as the results would depend on the
respondants and their degree of technical proficiency, plus whatever
prejudices they carry. Coca-Cola/Pepsi, Labatts/Molsons... which is
better?