[GTALUG] Weird Keyboard Issue

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 23:33:34 EDT 2024

I am having a strange keyboard issue and wondering if it could be a weird
setting that got changed somehow. If I hold down my left shift key then
press a letter while holding down the shift key, the first character typed
is lowercase but all subsequent letters come out uppercase as expected. I
can't figure out why the first character typed when holding down that shift
key comes out lowercase. My right shift key works as expected., always
producing uppercase while held down. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04. My keyboard
hasn't always been like this. I can't figure out why this is happening and
what has changed. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim