[GTALUG] Linux and on line banking?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 18 18:50:50 EDT 2024

I respect that, however it is not necessarily the browser at fault here
speaking personally.
E-links for example runs a wider variety of JavaScript, when compiled for
that goal.
however if a bank uses a proprietary form of JavaScript, or does not use
progressive enhancement so other forms of JavaScript still have access,
that is not inclusive or universal web design.
As shared JavaScript is language, there is  little modern about it if
the site is intended to be accessed by the public.
speaking personally,  if JavaScript has become more modern, then as with
most language the basic elements should still be present, just built upon.
Super highway metaphors for the Internet are relevant.  When the web floor
is sound, with JavaScript on top, more have a way in if that makes
sense.
And on the Linux side? Links is open source. Unfortunately as is often the
case with Linux speaking personally, a tool is only as good as the people
thinking it worth their time.
Links, in theory, as an open source project, could be enhanced, is that
not correct?

  Thanks for providing engaging perspective,
Karen