[GTALUG] Linux and on line banking?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 17 23:33:30 EDT 2024

Hi there.
Allot of stuff to work through for your answer.
Actually Links, also can be built with JavaScript, like elinks, both of
which  say work  at amazon Canada.
I truly respect your orca suggestion, which cannot run in command line
Linux.
It also, according to some of their developers, cannot run in many Linux
distributions either.
For me personally using orca means a risk of Hospitalization because of
the
profoundly poor, for me, choices for speech synthesis.
how many weeks have you been using Orca across the board?
My understanding from Linux lists is that the program is
quite problematical, poor keyboard function, inconsistent  speech success,
lack of navigation, etc.  a screen reader as shared at its best is a
monitor, with all information presented uniformly..no matter what you are
doing.
that is a site developer game, not a screen reader one.  your window does
not   create the view after all.
JavaScript is a language, it can be written perfectly well to run, even
with   Lynx, which has keystrokes to compensate for JavaScript links, if
coded to work from the keyboard at least.
Besides command line  Linux is still Linux speaking personally.
One might as well use windows instead of Orca, greater history.
cheers,
Karen