[GTALUG] Raspberry Pi as a desktop or settop computer

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Sun Jun 23 11:03:13 EDT 2024

> On 2024-06-22 16:39, Howard Gibson via talk wrote:
>>     I am typing this on my personal Lenovo laptop running GNU/Linux.
>> For anything other than a desktop, I find that mice are inferiour to
>> trackballs.  I strongly prefer mice for mechanical CAD.  In
>> coffeeshops, in bars, and on the arms of my front porch muskoka
>> chairs, trackballs do not need table space.
>>

> Trackball?  You mean trackpoint, red rubbery button between G, H, B, no?

No.  Trackball.

Take an old-fashioned ball mouse, turn it on its back.  Instead of sliding
the mouse across the desk to move the ball, you  move the ball directly
with your fingers.

I'm just on the point of logging in to Staples to get one to use in the
car.  It can work just sitting on the center console,