[GTALUG] static IPs are available with TekSavvy Fibre

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 15:43:31 EDT 2024

TekSavvy recently started offering Internet over Bell's fibre in the GTA.
The great news is that static IPs are available over fibre as they are now
over DSL. Apparently, TekSavvy uses PPPoE for the fibre connections.

Also, I have been using a static /56 subnet from TekSavvy for years at no
additional cost. They are saying that I can migrate my current static /56
subnet from DSL to fibre. I am extremely happy with that.

They have been also providing one static /30 IPv4 subnet per residential
customer at the cost of $5/month. I don't know if this is still the case
now.