[GTALUG] Federal agency warns critical Linux vulnerability being actively exploited

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 2 16:17:51 EDT 2024

Lot of people are slow to apply updates.
Once you fall off the wagon, it starts to get harder to get back on.
I could give examples but that could be making those systems targets

Fedora, for example, only provides updates for a year and a bit.  It
produces new releases every six months.  It isn't hard to put something
off for a year (I do it all the time).  Oops.

RHEL, SuSE, and Ubuntu sell their commercial versions with the promise
that updates will be provided for five or more years.