[GTALUG] a quick question about power supplies?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 18 16:54:10 EDT 2024

Actually I have no idea, only that someone from this list provided a p3
unit..assuming the person who did the work was forthright.
As for hard drive size, freedos,
www.freedos.org
Can manage hard drives in the tigibyte range.
My personal situation  has to do with the need for content on those
drives.
I  often need to run several different editions of the same software in
different partitions to avoid conflict.
Normally I  backup  content right away, but the individual  involved with
this build felt the Panasonic designed USB driver for DOS  should not go
on this computer..no explanation provided..no matter how often I sought to
explain otherwise.
So, yes there are three hard drives in this machine, but I have managed
larger drives in DOS without issue.
It is very possible the power supply is not powerful enough for  my
workload.  windows would require even more power I would imagine.
Thanks very much for the terrific questions.