[GTALUG] Prompting the return of In-Person events.

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Jul 12 18:19:23 EDT 2024

| From: Evan Leibovitch via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| The two previous options that we used now require passcards at the door and
| would be extremely inconvenient.

I thought I remembered that at Toronto Metropolitan University we could
let people in at the door but that it was otherwise locked.  (You may have
corrected me before but sometimes my old memories are sticky.)

If my memory is correct, all we'd need was a single person with a pass card
and someone to volunteer to be at the door to let people in
(alternatively: catch phone calls with requests to be let in).

If we made it clear in meeting announcements that the door would not be
opened after a certain time, the door person would not even have to miss
any of the meeting.

This worked satisfactorily for various meetings at the Mozilla offices.