[GTALUG] The August GTALUG Meeting will be in person!

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:51:33 EDT 2024

Hi all.

I apologize for the short notice since some of this hadn't been finalized
till recently. However I am delighted to announce that Toronto Metropolitan
University (TMU) has generously agreed to host GTALUG back in our pre-COVID
location. Many thanks to Dave Mason and William Zereneh at TMU for making
this happen.

As a first trial of the new processes and facilities, the August meeting
will be held at TMU and we will test our ability to have a hybrid meeting
held both online and in-person. Please be patient while we work out any
logistical and technical issues this first time back in many years.

*Tuesday August 13, 19:30*

*ONLINE:*
https://hub.gtalug.org/call/7m45sf9i

*IN-PERSON:*
Room 201
George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre
245 Church Street(just north of Dundas)

*TOPICS:*
- Testing out the new facilities
- Progress report on new online services
- Member round-table

*NOTE*: The doors to the building are normally locked. There will be
someone from GTALUG at the doors on the southeast corner of Church and
Gould to let people in. If you come late or don't see anyone at the door
please SMS at 647 657 6575 for THIS NIGHT ONLY. *Do not call.*

*Pre-meeting:*
Traditionally many GTALUG attendees have met for dinner at Kabul Express,
126 Dundas East, about an hour before the scheduled meeting. We will try
this again on the 13th, but since the dining options in the area have
expanded dramatically since we last met, we may decide on other locations
for future meetings.

See you there!

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada