[GTALUG] Old and New Habits...

xerofoify xerofoify at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 16:24:13 EDT 2024

Thanks for clearing that up. However, I'm pretty sure the debate is around this:

1. You seem to think proper names are rigid descriptors to be crude
and email/domain names are under that

Your daughters seem to buy into at least one of these:
1. Proper names are just short hand descriptions and not special in any way
2. Proper name descriptions are rigid but the rigidity does not have
punctuation either lower/uppercase as part of its requirements
3. Email/Domain names are not a proper name by requirements for them

I'm not much of an expert on the philosophy of language and you're out
of date. However, this seems to be where the debate is going. I would
gather figuring out which of those three is the issue may help. I
could be misunderstanding through.
Nick