[GTALUG] Old and New Habits...

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Aug 10 21:00:42 EDT 2024

My personal gmail experience is still one I am trying to resolve.
I have been a sephora Canada beauty insider member for years, with it coming with a
birthday  gift.
Last August for my birthday, I set a makeover appointment with the
sephora store at Queen west and bloor.
apparently the staffer taking my appointment details on the phone listed my
address as
karenlewellen at gmail.com
instead of karen.lewellen at gmail.com
The result?  I lost all access to my sephora Canada account details, even
though they know I am still a member.
I cannot fix the issue, the site has no active links that work from
the keyboard with the Linux focused browsers I use screen reader wise.
Have been seeking a solution since..march  fifteenth.
email spacing is and should be everything, while I respect that the lower
case elements in email addresses are  important in their own way.
especially with folks typing by tap, with their voice, those sorts of
things,  speaking personally requiring uppercase in emails wold be quite
problematical.
In other places though, like episode titles?  That seems just sloppy.
Kare