[GTALUG] simple plug & play ethernet splitters?

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 11:22:30 EDT 2024

On Fri, 9 Aug 2024 at 10:59, Karen Lewellen <klewellen at shellworld.net> wrote:
> Sorry, read this again..I think my fuses may be 12a

If it's a fuse, it will likely be either 15A or 20A. I've never seen a 12A fuse.
If it's an old house, it might be that thinner wiring was used that
would only be rated for 12A by today's standards.

If you're going to use an extension cord, although I said a 14/3 (14
gauge, 3 prong) one would likely be sufficient, for ease of mind you
could get a 12/3 one. A 12/3 won't be too much more expensive than a
14/3 of the same length.

--
Scott