[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:25:53 EST 2023

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 12:39, Karen Lewellen via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> First, I am not 100% certain that all analog or standard definition
> channels are gone, unless that has happened since 2022.

Yes, standard definition analog broadcasts have been gone from
anywhere in the GTA, and most of Canada, since long before 2022. There
may be a few remote areas in Canada that are still broadcasting analog
NTSC.

However, this is not a concern. The ATSC tuner will down-convert all
the high definition channels it receives to a standard definition
signal that is compatible with your TV.

--
Scott