[GTALUG] Linux friendly email providers?

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Thu Nov 23 20:54:31 EST 2023

Ron,

   A very long time ago, I switched to Sylpheed, which uses the MH format.  In the old days, I used Mbox, and I could switch mail tools any time I felt like it.  There are times when I miss that capability, but MH, with a file for each email has been extremely robust.

   Sylpheed is a nice email tool, mostly plain text.  The thing I desperately needed at the time was the capability to download email, read it offline, and use send-later for my replies.