[GTALUG] Browsers (and Thorium to be specific)

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 14:07:36 EST 2023

Hi all.

I've been a happy (sorta) user of Firefox for a long long time but I found
I have needed a Chromium-based backup because there are some sites that
Just Won't Work under FF. Blank white screens, hanging, missing frames, the
problem varies but it never exists on Chrome or Edge. (Sorry, Brave, just
couldn't get into it.)

Now The YouTube recommendation algorithms have been of late feeding me with
quite a few reviews of the Thorium browser, some of which come from
channels I have watched before.

Is it worth the hype? At very least, is it a better alternative to Chrome
or Edge? I would like to sync bookmarks, plugins and logins between devices
and have some sense of stability (is that it will be around for a while).
Is there something else even better?

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada