[GTALUG] Favorite desktop manager?

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Jul 31 09:30:14 EDT 2023

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:

> Just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it isn't
> the better way to do something.

Exactly.  I don't care if software is new or old.  I just care if it
solves my problem or not.  As a result my preferred toolset contains
software that is very old and in some cases very new.

I was in a meeting a couple of years back in which someone was espousing
the value of 'make'.  A couple of people were speaking as it if quite new.
Several people were stunned when I pointed out that make was older than
most of the people in the meeting.

This comes back to my earlier point about users being able to use
different tools and interfaces on Linux at the same time.  Why compromise?

Rob