[GTALUG] Data archaeology: archive KDE distortion from 2004ish

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Sep 28 11:03:21 EDT 2022

| From: Stewart Russell via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
| Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:04:26 -0400

| A friend has a data problem. Her father used to use Linux, and left
| copious art notes in pictures stored in DigiKam, KDE’s photo management
| tool. This was in 2004 or so.

Prompted by Giles' reply, I thought about this a tiny bit more.

I'm too quick to try to solve problems myself rather than leaving them to
the experts.

Have you asked this question on a DigiKam user or developer fora?  Many
DigiKam users must have upgraded versions, although this giant step might
be rare.