[GTALUG] couple of unrelated electronics questions?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Sep 10 19:00:16 EDT 2022

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 11:17:16PM -0400, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a good description of the connector, my IPod is either a 6th or 7th
> generation classic.  The cable is one of the newer ones, not requiring the
> squeeze to be removed.
> However, part of the cable wire is frayed, and exposed, hence my desire to
> replace the cable.
> As I am going to Canada computers in the morning to get the logitech z150
> speakers, I am going to take this cable and ask anyway...my desire is swift.
> If they do not have one though, I can visit an apple store, although I was
> hoping to spend less than $20 for one.

So that must be the 30 pin apple dock connector.  Canada computers does
sell those cables by various makers, although as far as I can tell they
are not currently in stock at any of their stores.

Amazon seems to have them too, although the reviews seem to indicate
quite a few are terrible quality, so it may in fact be worth paying the
apple price for one.

--
Len Sorensen