[GTALUG] couple of unrelated electronics questions?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Sep 9 12:13:40 EDT 2022

If you're not in a rush, you might just do better to shop at home.

Search for "ipod charger"  at Aliexpress and there are dozens of entries,
most for $4 or less *including shipping*.
Most are cables that will work with any USB-A power source. Here's one
example <https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003608173796.html>.

They all have photos and their descriptions often say specifically what
models they're for. And there's no HST charged for packages this small.

The big downside is the shipping time. Expect two month delivery for the
economy shipping and one month for the premium options. The "estimated
delivery time" presented is a good guideline, but it's usually faster than
that.

- Evan