[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

Bob Jonkman bob at jonkman.ca
Wed Oct 12 02:45:21 EDT 2022

> > https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000UXZQ42/ - Logitech H390

I have one of these (rather, my wife owns them, I have permanently borrowed them). They work just fine for me.

> The mute button also works but that is a local function, it doesn't
> send a "mute" command over USB, so there's no indication on the
> computer that mute has been activated.

I find that to be a great advantage. This lets me make noise (typing, shuffling papers, listening to online radio) but
others in the web conference don't know I've turned off the mic.

Another nice thing about using a USB connected headset is that it
appears as a second sound card. So now I can listen to the web
conference on the headset while playing some music on the speakers.

--Bob.