[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 13 11:56:52 EDT 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 07:57:13PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Provide a link.
> The jvc ha-44x over ear extreme explotive headphones,  have a sensitivity of
> 106 db.
>  and a mono impedance  of 32m...so says the  link from JVC I have had
> bookmarked since 2014..at least.
> I need no calculator to make safe determinations for my body.
> so, please share the link from the jvc website, documenting your claim
> regarding  the model  ha-s44x.

Those are the numbers from someone actually testing them in a lab:
https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/jvc-ha-sr44x.php#gsc.tab=0

JVC lists them at 32 ohm and 106 dB/mW so in db/V the measured 113 would
be about right for 32 or 33 ohm impedance.  It's a bit lower than what
JVC claimed but not much.

--
Len Sorensen