[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:26:02 EDT 2022

As someone who also has auditory processing issues, Zoom is the absolute
worst. It compresses speech by a massive amount and adds back very
little comfort noise, and for me anything above whisper-quiet is like a
jackhammer to the head. If I've been on a Zoom call with anyone here and
I've seemed more than usually spacey, that's the reason.

I haven't found MacBooks to be very good at driving higher impedance
headsets. They make a terrible job of driving my old Sennheisers. They
are expecting to drive tiny earbuds, not a proper headset.

There are 3.5 mm TRRS to separate headphone/mic channel adapters. Canada
Computers have this one for $5:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_3933_4382&item_id=180313

  Stewart