[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Oct 10 19:08:44 EDT 2022

| From: Karen Lewellen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| For the record, I will be using this headset with a  2012 macbook pro running
| Catalina.
| I have, due to harm risk learned what numbers need to line up, headphones or
| headsets, with my needs differing depending on what I am using and where.
| to manage the various voice quality, which can be a problem zoom wise, I use
| the mac's own terrific volume control.  since it is system wide as it were.
| Again  searching the difference between headphone uses and headset ones might
| make my situation more understandable..maybe laughs.

I'm trying to understand what your requirements actually are.

Sensitivity is just how loud it sounds for a given setting of the volume
control.  I don't think that this could have a physiological effect that
would not be cancelled by adjusting the amplifier's volume control.

Impedence is mostly the same, assuming that the impedence isn't so high or
low as to be unsupported by the amplifier.

So: my best guess is that there is something else that is important for
you.

Perhaps these numbers are somehow correlated with the structure of the
headphones and that is the real problem.

<https://blog.taotronics.com/headphones/headphone-sensitivity-and-impedance/>

Anyway, you seem to know what causes you problems.  I'm not trying to
argue that you should get something that is bad for you!

| will see what i can learn about scotts,  that is a new brand name for me.

"Scott's" is the deal Scott Allen posted