[GTALUG] odd error when running the screen program?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Oct 2 13:06:03 EDT 2022

| From: Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| The program "screen" is not used to create screen shots. If you are after a
| screen shot you might be wanting to use the program "screendump".

If you read screen(1), you will see that screen can dump its history in
the way she described.  It is not the same as a screendump but it has some
similarity.  I assume that that's why she said "equal of a screen shot".

I don't actually know what the characteristics of that history are.

Fedora doesn't seem to have a program called "screendump".
I know how to get a bitmap screendump but Karen surely wants a text
("ASCII") dump.