[GTALUG] two or three tricks for installing Linux as a second OS on a Windows box

Warren McPherson warren.mcpherson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:57:09 EST 2022

I have no experience with WSL but I've been reading up on it as I think my
main computer should probably be less than ten years old. With Windows 11
it sounds like WSL now has a full kernel. So I guess that would take disk
space, but it sounds like a pretty complete implementation. On my existing
computer, I am using less than a third of the original disk space. Since
new machines always have moar, I suspect I can live with WSL gobbling up
its footprint.

I agree that PowerShell is wrong. And I use both GUI and CLI for file
management - I'm not sure if I'm a Luddite or not.

Is there anything else, in particular, we should be cautious about with
Windows 11 and WSL?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>