[GTALUG] Sane Email System?

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Sun Mar 6 10:24:11 EST 2022

FYI re getmail

On Sun, Mar 06, 2022 at 09:41:15AM -0500, David Thornton via talk wrote:
> Google tells me that getmail  and mutt can talk oauth2.

Beware, there are two getmail programmes.  The original is by Charles
Cazabon at pyropus.ca and doesn't (yet??) work with python3.

Someone took this code and ran it through a python 2 to 3 converter and
distributed it with the same name.  I found out the hard way that Debian
uses this new version in Bullseye to avoid having to maintain both python 2
and 3, but keeps the getmail name.  Charles doesn't support it, obviously,
but it has caused some headaches because it appears to have picked up some
bugs after passing through the 2->3 converter.

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org