[GTALUG] Sane Email System?

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Mar 4 11:17:02 EST 2022

On 2022-03-03 20:18, Peter King via talk wrote:
> I've just been informed that "legacy authentication" is going to be
> disabled at the University of Toronto for my email account.  Well, I
> suspected something like this was in the works when they adopted MS Outlook
> 365+ as the mail server, but it still isn't welcome.
>
> Up to now, I've been able to use mutt and getmail for all my needs;
[snip]
> But it looks like that is all going away, since Microsoft only supports
> what they call "modern" email clients, and on Linux only Thunderbird.
It would be simpler for you to update your scripts to use the new
authentication method instead of making some radical change(s) to how you
handle email.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick