[GTALUG] More pointless battles [was: I'm discarding an old notebook!]

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:08:31 EST 2022

Google OS flex system requirements:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/614720/google-chrome-os-flex-turns-old-pcs-into-chromebooks-for-free.html

"You’ll need a USB key with 8GB or more. PCs will need at least 4GB of RAM
and 16GB of storage. The CPU restrictions are more lenient: You’ll need a
64-bit CPU, period. Which is basically any processor made after the year
2000. There are GPU restrictions, though: Intel GMA 500, 600, 3600, and
3650 graphics hardware do not meet Chrome OS Flex performance standards"