[GTALUG] More pointless battles [was: I'm discarding an old notebook!]

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Feb 16 02:09:58 EST 2022

YMMV, but for old system installations I try for one of three approaches:

   - For your usual distro, choose a GUI environment that starts with L or
   X instead of G or K (ie Lubuntu or Xubuntu)
   - Try one of the small distros designed explicitly for use on old
   hardware (such as Puppy)
   - Screw the GUI completely and install Ubuntu Server

All of them should be OK with the SSD.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56