[GTALUG] Can anyone recommend a "health" smartwatch?

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:20:44 EST 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 08:32, David Collier-Brown via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> My fitbit with a heart-rate sensor died, so I bought a Spade and Co "Health Smartwatch 2", which was absolutely beautiful, just what I wanted... and didn't work.

That watch's promo pictures make it suspiciously look like the COLMI
you can buy for ~$30 on Aliexpress.  I haven't been inclined to try
it, but apparently you can reflash it with Pinetime and basically make
it an open-source watch.  However, Pinetime is missing a lot of the
functionality of the stock firmware and the only real benefit is the
ability to write your own apps.

Yours has a different button on the side, but maybe made by the same
manufacturer in China.  Maybe it'd pair with the Colmi app?  (some
searches imply it may not be worth bothering:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smartwatch/comments/q37ic6/did_you_fall_for_the_spade_and_co_fraud/
)