[GTALUG] "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation"

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Aug 10 10:42:33 EDT 2022

Oh do not mistake me, I feel reasonably sure, in most cases, such efforts
are   well intended.
further they flow from  many factors, not the least of which is that
individuals  using adaptive tools have rather bad pr generally.
Still,  the energy spent pretending to have a disability, <something I
just learned  the Toronto Public Library actually does> can be better
spent  engaging in progressive enhancement  design practices.  then no one
has to talk about their body to perfect strangers, not living  their life
situation.
I dare say it is like building a house, if you lay the foundations
correctly the first time, you will not have to go back and take out a
floor later.
Accessibility is largely about interaction.  does it work equally with the
entre key?  are there suitable labels for items so a user, any user, knows
what  they do if activated?
Is there enough basic HTML  for an object to work if triggered by anything
other than a mouse click?
Etc. etc.
Kare