[GTALUG] [probably offtopic] e-sign solutions

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Sep 20 23:07:02 EDT 2021

Hi all,

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 19:46, Stewart C. Russell via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On 2021-09-20 11:57 a.m., Jason Shaw via talk wrote:
> >
> > I've used DocHub ( https://dochub.com/ <https://dochub.com/> ) for
> > signing PDFs and it's been fine.
>
> I just tried it, and it seems the free version doesn't electronically
> sign the document at all. It's neither encrypted nor signed, so anyone
> could modify it.

The need is to send the doc to a small number of trusted emails, have them
sign and return the signed doc within 12 hours or so at which point it's
locked and archived. Unless there are MITM attacks or the emails aren't as
secure as we think, I think we should be OK, especially since I can confirm
with the signatories that they did indeed sign.

In any case, DocHub's free plan wasn't enough for my needs, I ended up
trying signrequest.com (which is being acquired by box.com), hosted in the
EU, so it's GDPR compliant FWIW. So far it's seemed to work OK.

- Evan