[GTALUG] Vaccination Receipts on Linux

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Sep 17 18:16:37 EDT 2021

| From: Karen Lewellen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| which is why my question, about a human, still stands.
| Those are not screen readers, and there are countless individuals in the
| province who read and interact with the Internet differently.

The only accessibility concession I saw was a phone line:

  - call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line at 1-888-999-6488 (TTY
    for people who are deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired:
    1-866-797-0007)

    + information is available in more than 300 languages
    + this line is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week
    + you may have to wait for an agent when call volumes are high

There is an Accessibility link that looks useless:
<https://www.ontario.ca/page/accessibility>

| And that does not even get me started on the reprehensible nature of access in
| much of Linux  for these populations.

Yeah.  That should be fixed.  By whom?  All of us, I guess.