[GTALUG] Fedora 34 with EFI boot on Raspberry Pi 4

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:34:14 EDT 2021

At last night's Raspberry Pi meetup, Chris Tyler demonstrated Fedora 34
(aarch64) on Raspberry Pi 4. It's supposed to be a fully supported
distribution, although the documentation hasn't quite caught up.

It looked pretty neat, and I might be tempted to try it. I've been a Debian
user this entire century so far, though, so there might be some friction.
Audio over HDMI isn't supported yet, which will mean some hardware juggling
for me.

The EFI boot hasn't made it to other distros on Raspberry Pi yet, so the
installation has to be from a raw image or Fedora's arm-image-installer
tool.

Fedora Workstation is here: https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/
and you'll be wanting the aarch64 raw image.

cheers,
 Stewart