[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Call for Candidates for the GTALUG Board

Scott Sullivan scott at revident.net
Sun Oct 3 13:47:37 EDT 2021

October 12th is GTALUG's Annual General Meeting.

There are 4 seats opening, for 2 year terms (2021-2023).

There are two formal qualifications that candidates need to satisfy:
  - Must be a GTALUG member in good standing
  - Must not have any undischarged bankruptcy

Please submit your intention to run to the email address:
board <AT> gtalug.org

You are expected to attend Board/Operations meetings where we plan
GTALUG meetings and activities. These meetings normally take place on
the Wednesday evening, one week following the regular Tuesday meeting.

Board members are involved in and support the following activities.
  - Ensuring the Legal obligation as a non-profit.
  - Organizing the volunteers that run our internet infrastructure
(website and mailing lists)
  - Organizing the volunteers that run our annual Linux in the Park picnic
  - Our involvement as a member organization of ICANN

The incumbents whose previous terms are expiring are:
- Alan Heighway
- Warren McPherson

--
Scott Sullivan