[GTALUG] a solved problem unsolved itself: WordPress, MySQL, UTF-8

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:28:43 EST 2021

WordPress updates the database when it upgrades, so it entirely possible
that the database is profoundly changed by an upgrade.

I dump my WordPress database daily and back it up (I also use rsync to keep
an updated collection of media (mostly photos) in the wp-content folder,
because I hate losing or reconstructing my blogs.

I don't have any insight into the issue mentioned by OP though.