[GTALUG] Command doesn't work in script but works on command line?

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Sat Nov 6 10:56:33 EDT 2021

Jim - I may have missed it, but I think you said only that it "doesn't
work" but didn't elaborate.

Does running the script result in any error messages?

Or does it appear to work but not have the desired effect?

Is your script file executable? i.e. are the x permission bits set
in the output of "ls -l filename"?

Could it be that you're expecting your script to be in your PATH,
and it isn't e.g. if you run
    prompt% scriptname
does it say command not found?  Do you need to run it with ./scriptname?

You mentioned that you want it to be clickable.  I'm relatively unfamiliar
with alsa, but is it possible it needs something from the environment
that isn't available when clicked?

It's likely something relatively simple, but more details would likely help narrow it doen.

Hope that helps

John