[GTALUG] Command doesn't work in script but works on command line?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Nov 6 10:04:31 EDT 2021

| From: Jim Ruxton via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| I'm having trouble with a simple script. It adds a second sounccard. This
| command works on the command line but not in a script. Any ideas why?

How are you running that script?  Is it from a cron script or something
like it?  Does your script work when invoked from your command line?

I haven't paid attention to JACK, but I assume that each Linux user
session has some kind of jack context -- plumbing done by one user should
not affect the plumbing of another user.  I don't really see this issue
addressed in the first few jack documents I read.

My guess is that your script is modifying a different context from the one
you are observing.  That's really vague and hand-wavy, but that's the
direction I'd investigate.