[GTALUG] Has the graphics-card world gone mad?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Mar 31 09:21:41 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-31 9:06 a.m., Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
> Both my wife and I had LG cell phones (In the form of a Google phone)
> and they served us very well.

I had a Google Nexus 5, which was made by LG.  It developed an
intermittent audio problem to the speaker.  I wound up buying a
bluetooth earpiece so that the phone would be usable.  This was
apparently a common problem with those phones.  Also I had to replace
the battery far sooner than should have been necessary.  On the other
hand, my Nexus 1 and Pixel 2, made by HTC are rock solid. They even feel
sturdier than the Nexus 5.  The only reason I bought the Nexus 5 was my
Nexus 1 was running out of free memory.  Of course, it will soon be
unusable when 3G goes away.

BTW, the Nexus 1 came with my name etched on the back.  I have not see
that on any other phone.