[GTALUG] Has the graphics-card world gone mad?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Mar 30 09:53:18 EDT 2021

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 08:55, Jamon Camisso via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Am running a new nvidia 1650 series card here with no issues, and doing
> h264 encoding of the output at the same time. Under $300 if you look around.

I've been looking everywhere for 1650 cards (my first choice is actually a 1660
Super
<https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=156451>
for a few dollars more). If anyone knows of a source with stock please tell.

e.g. https://www.pc-canada.com/item/PH%2DGTX1650%2DO4GD6.html

Out of stock, at PC Canada and everywhere. What I've found is that such
cards are either out of stock listed at normal prices, or available at
triple the price
<https://www.newegg.ca/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gtx-1660-super-ventus-xs-oc/p/N82E16814137475?Description=1660%20Super&cm_re=1660_Super-_-14-137-475-_-Product>
... which is what prompted me to write my original message.

- Evan