[GTALUG] The FOSS world's most famous _____ is back...

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:17:12 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-24 7:17 a.m., o1bigtenor via talk wrote:

> IMHO the complete brouha is political correctness run amok!

Please remember that our Code of Conduct requires us to maintain
respectful communication. It's been suggested - initially by Neil
Gaiman¹ - that the term used above should be replaced by “treating other
people with respect”. Your first paragraphs read quite differently if we
make the substitution:

    IMHO the complete brouha is treating other people
    with respect run amok!

    I would request that we return to the matter at
    hand - - - - computers and computing and its tools
    and leave the treating other people with respect
    to the bureaucratic elite for whom it has become a
    driving passion.

If there's something that treating other people with respect is stopping
you from saying, it doesn't belong on this list.

cheers,
 Stewart

=====
¹: Neil Gaiman —